To oversee the effective and efficient running of the Funds Management Department to achieve the objectives of the Commission. The role is part of key management of the Commission, and participates in Management meetings, providing strategic direction and budget inputs to Executive Management and the Board of the Commission.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and supervise activities under the purview of the Funds Management Department.
- Develop rules, regulations, and guidelines for the guidance of Fund Managers, Collective Investment Schemes, Custodians, and Trustees.
- Oversee the licensing and renewal of Fund Managers and their representatives, Collective Investment Schemes, Custodians, and Trustees.
- Oversee the on-site inspection of Fund Managers, Collective Investment Schemes, Custodians, and Trustees.
- Oversee the review of returns and reports including periodic review and analysis of financial position and solvency of Fund Managers, Collective Investment Schemes, Custodians, and Trustees.
- Report any persistent non-compliance or serious infractions to management for further action.
- Ensure compliance of Fund Managers, Collective Investment Schemes, Custodians, and Trustees with Securities Laws and Regulations as well as Circulars, Directives, and Guidelines.
- Provide thought leadership on the development of the Fund Management industry and related services.
- Manage work plans and staff within the department to ensure efficiency and performance according to annual work plans.
- Represent the Department at meetings, stakeholder engagements, research initiatives, and digital transformation of the Commission’s operations, etc.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual reports to Management, etc.
Educational, Professional Qualification, and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Investment, Economics, Law, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Must be a member of ICA, ACCA, CIMA, GBA, or any other relevant professional body and in good standing.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years post First Degree qualification experience, five (5) of which must be in a senior management level in a reputable organization.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
- Strong Finance background.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines relating to the securities market operations.
- Knowledge and experience in securities market operations.
- Computer literate and IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Analytical and investigative skills.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Good leadership and supervision skills.
- Experience with change management would be a plus.
- Ability to influence cooperation and compliance with existing policies, processes, and procedures of the Commission.
- Ability to conduct self in a manner that elicits trust, respect, and confidence.
- Good communication – verbal and written skills.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills etc.
Last modified: February 16, 2021