Responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and executing overall creative and digital communications strategies and tactics designed to establish and maintain supportive relationships with stakeholders and other International Securities Regulators. This will include using social and digital media to build and sustain positive and favorable engagement with key audiences and segments to achieve the objectives of the SEC.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute overall creative and digital engagement strategies for the SEC.
- Oversee all the SEC’s digital channels and platforms (including social media) to drive engagement and education of various stakeholders of the SEC (including the investing public).
- Creating and designing a wide variety of digital content to drive engagement.
- Conducting and analyzing data to define and understand the various stakeholders.
- Develop digital policies and guidelines for stakeholder advocacy and crisis management.
- Generate new ideas for digital content that meet the needs of the SEC’s external and internal parties.
- Ensure consistent thought leadership and education that positively influence the perception of the public and other international partners and stakeholders.
- Devising and executing digital strategies around specific events or campaigns.
- Establishing a system for social media and news monitoring and other critical brand insights.
- Reporting on the impact of digital campaigns in a way that is actionable and understandable for proactive decision making.
- Collaborate with agencies and other media outlets for consistent creatives and digital assets that match the SEC’s voice and tone.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual insight reports to the Unit Head.
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- Must have First Degree in Graphic Design and Communications, Information Communications & Technology, Marketing, or related field.
- Must have completed National Service.
- At least one (1) year of experience in digital media communications.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
- Must have hands-on knowledge and use of creative and editing suites and programs (e.g. Adobe suite; CorelDraw etc.)
- Hands-on experience with graphic design, web design, SEO & Google Analytics among other tools.
- Photography and Video editing skills.
- Research, analytical, and report writing skills.
- Computer literate and IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of trends in the use of digital tools to engage different audiences and enthusiasm to learn more.
- Experience in designing and executing digital strategies and campaigns.
- Competent knowledge of all different digital channels, tools, and best practices.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Ability to conduct self in a manner that elicits trust, respect, and confidence.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
Last modified: February 16, 2021