RECRUITMENT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION SUPPORT FOR RISK-BASED SUPERVISION APPROACH AND CAPACITY BUILDING
Name of Project: Ghana Capital Market Supervision and Market Rules Capacity Building Project
Sector: Financial Services Project ID No.: P-GH-HB0-008 Grant No.: G-GH-H00-SUP-001
Contract Name: Individual consultancy services for the implementation support for risk-based supervision approach and capacity building
IFB No.: SEC/AfDB/CMSMRCB/ICS/SERV/01/2021
1. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Ghana has received financing from the African Development Bank towards the cost of the Ghana Capital Market Supervision and Market Rules Capacity Building Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount of the grant to payments under the contract for engaging the services of “an Individual Consultant (Resident Consultant) to support the SEC’s migration to Risk-Based Supervisory Framework and Capacity Building for the Securities Market”
2. The services included under this assignment are: review of existing practices, tools, processes of the SEC and gap analysis in light of proposed transition to risk-based supervisory and regulatory framework for capital markets; risk assessment of the market operators; provide risk-based supervision training and capacity building for staff of the SEC as well as capital market operators; and work with the Consulting Firm and staff of SEC to design appropriate risk-based framework in line with “IOSCO Principles and Objectives of Securities Regulation” and the peculiarities of the Ghanaian capital market conditions among others.
3. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Ghana now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (i.e., brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, updated Curriculum Vitae or record of practical experiences).
4. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at https://www.afdb.org.
5. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours of 09:00 GMT to 16:00 GMT, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays from Monday 11th to Friday 22nd October 2021.
6. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Friday 22nd October 2021 and must be clearly marked “Individual Consultant (Resident Consultant) to support the SEC’s migration to Risk-Based Supervisory Framework and Capacity Building for the Securities Market”.
Project Implementation Unit Coordinator:
Securities and Exchange Commission,
Ghana 30 3rd Circular Road Cantonments,
CT 6181, Cantonments, Accra
Mr. Emmanuel Ashong-Katai