To be a top-tier securities market regulator in Africa.
To regulate, innovate and promote the growth and development of an efficient, fair and transparent securities market in which investors and the integrity of the market are protected.
To fulfill its mandate and accomplish the above vision and mission, the Commission will be guided by its core values of:
I. Team spirit – We shall all be guided by the vision and mission of the Commission and work continually to support each other in the achievement of same.
II. Respect – We shall exhibit the highest standards of decorum in all our interactions with our internal and external stakeholders.
III. Innovation – We shall employ creative methods in achieving superior results in market development activities.
IV. Commitment – We shall be devoted to upholding the highest standards of corporate governance, ethical work practices and the achievement of superior results.
1. Demonstrates willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges, and ensures that the responsibilities are accomplished effectively
2. Ability to work constructively and amicably with subordinates, peers and Management as an individual and in teams
3. Establishes effective working relationships and integration of efforts within the team
4. Demonstrates clear focus on the achievement of set goals as the primary determinant and drive for all actions and Works effectively and promptly even under pressure of time or volume of work
5. Good at recognizing and making the best of individuals strength for the best team performance
1. Does not ignore customer requests
2. Consciously and freely shares knowledge and information to enhance the development of the organization
3. Tolerates diversity of opinions
4. Open and honest communications
5. Demonstrate empathy to internal and external customer audiences *alerts to operators to remind them of obligations or deadlines*
1. Adaptability to new trends/technology
2. Ability to handle emerging risks
3. Thinking outside the box
4. Develops ideas and concepts that contribute to NPD and regulatory developments
5. Constantly reviews current processes with the view of improving efficiency
1. Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset in corporate and job performance and seeks for better and more efficient ways of carrying out tasks
2. Demonstrates detailed understanding of strategic issues, operating environments, benchmarks, SEC’s business strategies and critical success factors
3. Understands all the corporate governance and social responsibility requirements of being an employee of SEC
4. Maintains thoroughness and attention to detail
5. Arrives punctually and regularly for work meetings and other activities
Last modified: December 27, 2018